Last Revised June 18, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example and not by way of limitation, we collect information when you create an account, fill out a form, participate in a survey, review, contest, or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, age, location, pet information, and other information you choose to provide.
Other Information We Collect. When you access or use our Services or transact business with us in any we, we automatically collect information about you, including but not limited to:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction including product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to, and use of, the Services including, but not limited to, the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page(s) you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. In accordance with your device permissions, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Options below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use multiple technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Options below.
Information Collected from Other Sources. We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, such as mailing list providers, data enhancement sources and publicly available sources, including information you submit in a public forum such as a blog, chat room, or social media. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site including, but not limited to, your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media sites.
Use of Information
We use the information collected to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Conduct audits related to customer interactions and transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Koowill and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- For limited, internal and operational use, such as to enable our website to function;
- Perform services on behalf of us or service providers, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, advertising, or marketing services, or conducting analytic services;
- Undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device we own, manufacture, or control, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by, us;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you regarding products, services, and events offered by Koowill and others, and provide news and information that may be of interest to you (see Your Options below for information regarding how to opt out of these communications);
- Personalize your online experience when you use the Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, browsing, and purchasing behavior;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We may share information as follows:
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including e-mail and mobile marketing, analytics, web hosting, call center services, payment processing, coupon delivery, and data enhancement;
- With the public, if you post information online and elect to make it available to the public, such as by writing a product review on our website;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law/process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Koowill or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets,
financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business;
- Between and among Koowill and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other entities under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features and Third-Party Privacy Policies
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit their privacy policies.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail, and telephone.
Data Retention and Security
Data Retention. We store the information we collect about you and your pet(s) for as long as we deem appropriate.
Data Security. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information to the extent reasonably practical. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon on the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computer-servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. However, no e-commerce solution or website is completely secure and we make no representations or guarantees regarding your data security. You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information, such as using strong passwords and using different passwords across your important online accounts. We will never request your password or credit card information through email.
Children’s Personal Information. This website is not intended for users under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 are permitted to use this website or provide Koowill with personal information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. Further, if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us immediately.
Transfer of Information
Koowill processes and stores information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Account Information. You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us by logging into your account or calling our Customer Care number at ________________ (U.S. Customers) or _______________________ (Customers outside of the U.S.).
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of this location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device. Certain mobile devices contain geo-location tracking capability. We may use such capability or other geo-location tracking technology to identify the location of devices for marketing, to generate coupons or other offers, and for analytical purposes.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. The Help or similar function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Koowill by following the instructions in those emails or by logging into your account and changing your preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
By participating in any of our mobile programs, you agree to receive automated marketing phone calls and text messages at the phone number your provided at opt-in. Your consent to receive marketing messages is not required to make a purchase. You agree to notify Koowill at the Contact Us information below in the event that you change or disconnect your mobile phone number. Phone calls made and text messages sent to your mobile device may be generated using automated telephone dialing technology. Message and data rates may apply and are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Delivery of messages are subject to the effective transmission by your mobile service provider and any policies or terms established by your mobile service provider.
To cancel general promotional messages from Koowill, text “STOP” to _________________.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California have certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) and the “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83).
California Consumer Privacy Act.
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information Collected. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, geolocation data, Internet or other electronic activity information, and inferences drawn about any of the preceding categories of information. For examples of the data points we collect, please see “Collection of Information” above.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Selling Information. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Information” above.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information. We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with our Services, contact us through customer service or other mechanisms, or use our pet-focused services, automatically when you access or use our Services, purchase products or services from us and from third-party sources as described in “Information Collected from Other Sources” above.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Information. We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed. In the preceding 12 months, depending on your interactions with us, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, financial information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, geolocation data, Internet or other electronic activity information, and inferences drawn about any of the preceding categories of information.
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA, means scenarios in which Koowill has shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding 12 months, depending on your interactions with us, we may have “sold” the following categories of personal information: identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information. Koowill is a pet specialty manufacturer in the business of offering pet related goods and services to pet parents. As such, Koowill’s business model does not include sharing your identifying information such as your name, email address, phone number, or postal address to third parties in exchange for money. However, we do share identifiers such as name, email or postal address with our subsidiaries to offer you our pet-related goods and other identifiers such as cookies and the advertising identifier associated with your mobile device with our advertising partners to show our ads that are targeted to your interests.
Your Consumer Rights – What are the CCPA Consumer Rights?
- Access. California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. They may also request the categories of personal information we have collected about them, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell their personal information, and the categories of personal information we have disclosed and sold about them in the preceding 12 months.
- Deletion. California consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions).
- Opt Out of Sale. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. California consumers above the age of 16 have the right to opt out of these sales at any time. We do not knowingly collect online or sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
- Nondiscrimination. California consumers have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising any of their CCPA rights, however, financial incentive programs may condition participation on collection of personal information.
How to request CCPA Consumer Rights. California consumers may make a rights request by calling 1-888-839-9638 or visiting the following pages:
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information
To confirm your identity and ensure we respect your privacy and security, we will prompt you to verify your request by logging into your account (if applicable), replying to an email, or calling us. Please follow the instructions provided when you submit your rights request. Caution, if you choose to have your personal information deleted, we can no longer provide you with certain Services because we will no longer know who you are. Notwithstanding a deletion request, we may retain personal information that is necessary for us to fulfill our legal obligations or that is not otherwise subject to deletion under applicable law.
Financial Incentives Program. You have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. However, the CCPA allows us to offer certain financial incentive programs that may result in different prices, rates or quality levels.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please use the Contact Us information below.
We do not sell your name, email address, phone number, address, or other information that identifies you to nonaffiliated third parties. Nevada residents have the right to request that we not sell this information in the future. To make such a request, please use the Contact Us information below.
Phone: 833.625.0632 / 715.231.9585
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Koowill, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
815 Nordson Circle
Menomonie, WI 5475